Pages

Friday 23 January 2015

Songs to get rid of your January Blues

It's only the 23rd day into the new year and I can happily say I have already stressed myself out over buying gig tickets. Only this morning was I sat in the college library purchasing tickets for The Vaccines comeback gig.

As Alex Turner sings 'you cured my January Blues' I decided to make a playlist that would cure my January blues, songs that will get you in the summery mood in January.

Here's some songs that YOU need to listen to:

Man & The Echo // Beg
If you like the courteeners and you like temples then you will like Man & The Echo. The Warrington band released 'Beg' back in 2013 but I only came across it last week (how un indie of me). Man & The Echo's 'Beg' will defo be the song that I repeat during Summer. It has them classic indie rock guitar riffs with the psychedelic Summer sound that everybody loves.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UN3j92w7cjs

Jagwar Ma // Man I Need 

I remember hearing this song in 2014 on Radio 1. I remember hearing it and thinking, God this song makes me feel like I'm on LSD. That's something that everybody wants to feel like let's not lie. Jagwar Ma create that MGMT like sound, a sound that is hard to pull off if you think about it. This song will make you feel like throwing glitter in the air, getting a kaleidoscope and having a pretend trip to a magical world.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K8KCPw9kYpo

The Beatles // Strawberry Fields Forever

I needed to add some of The Beatles into this, we all need some Beatles at some point in our playlist. Strawberry Fields Forever has to be one of my favourite Beatles songs, it's so soft and relaxing that you feel like you're on a cloud. This is the song you play towards the end of the night, when the sun is just setting and you have partied yourself to the max.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nehRB1FTeTo

The Stone Roses // Fools Gold

The Stone Roses. Always will be the sound to my summer. This song will make you get up, grab your mate and do your best impression of Ian Brown (I have done this several times).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FuPfbfJm2rc

Tame Impala // Feels Like We Only Go Backwards

If I could think of a words to describe this song, it would have to be LSD in sound. This song is jam packed of that flowing, 'am I cloud or am I just happy' feeling that everybody should have during the summer at one point. This song finishes my playlist because I can just listen to it on repeat and never get bored.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wycjnCCgUes



No comments:

Post a Comment